Recruitment – Manager, Environment and Regulatory Affairs – Shipping Federation of Canada
The Shipping Federation of Canada (www.shipfed.ca), which represents the ocean ships that carry Canada’s world trade, is seeking an intelligent, hard-working and versatile individual to lead its policy work on environmental issues and provide support on other files as required.
Reporting to the President, the Manager, Environment and Regulatory Affairs, will carry out the following functions with respect to key environmental issues:
• Monitor relevant environmental legislation, regulations and policies impacting the marine transportation sector;
• Develop policy positions and interact with governmental officials by representing the association at meetings, conferences and seminars, and drafting policy submissions, briefs and advocacy letters;
• Interact with members by communicating legislative and regulatory requirements, answering questions and soliciting views;
• Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, develop presentation materials and produce meeting minutes;
• Act as the lead for the association’s Environment Committee and provide information to the Committee as needed.
In addition to the above, the selected individual will support the association’s work on other transportation policy files (including research, drafting and editing of written materials) and perform administrative duties as needed.
• A university degree in a relevant field (public policy, public administration, law, environment, transportation, etc.);
• Several years of work experience with similar functions;
• Solid research and analytical skills in order to develop policy options and solutions;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and strong fluency in French;
• Ability to effectively write a variety of correspondence and reports and prepare and deliver briefings and presentations to various audiences;
• Quick and independent learner with strong sense of initiative;
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
Interested candidates should submit their CV, along with a brief cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.