Founded in 1994, the Environmental Services Association Maritimes (ESAM) has been operating for 26 years as a not-for-profit business organization dedicated to the promotion of environmental products, services and organizations within the environmental industry.
Our Board brings a diverse skill set to ESAM, with representation from the Federal Government, academia, the consulting industry, and business owners. The breadth of experience is impressive and includes expertise in the fields of environmental assessment, fisheries and wildlife, hazardous materials, site assessment, remediation, and research and development.
- is now serving the Maritime Provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island).
- aims to be the Maritimes’ premier resource for the environmental sector by facilitating growth, collaboration, and communication among industry and government.
- provides networking and information activities regarding the environmental sector through Conferences, Trade Shows, Information Sessions, Workshops, Social Events, and through LinkedIn, our website and monthly Newsletter.
As a volunteer organization, the support and input from our members is vital and with this input we can aim to bring the best value to our membership. Under the conditions we have found ourselves in this year, input and ideas on how we can work to bring value is even more crucial. We are actively looking for innovative ways to bring our members together and continue to bring value through connections in our organization and beyond, while also recognizing the constraints we are under.
Over the next year the board will be focused on a few key items including:
- Developing a 5 year strategic plan
- Surveying our members to hone in on value items we can add to our membership as appropriate
- Further developing our new website to add resources for our members
- Evaluating options to continue connecting our membership virtually through the pandemic
Although we find ourselves in a position where we have limited means of connecting in person, we are positioning ESAM to provide value to our membership regardless of these restrictions. We have a great board of directors for 2020/2021 and I look forward to working with all of them to further this organization.