Harris Industrial Testing Service (HITS)
Harris Industrial Testing Service has been servicing Atlantic Canada for over 30 years. We are a CALA accredited laboratory focused on aquatic toxicology, now based in Waverley, NS.
Our valued clients include Municipal and Industrial waste water, Pulp and Paper Mills, Refineries and Oil Platforms, Food Processors, Mining and Manufacturing, and Landfills.
With a commitment to personalized, prompt service, we are able to offer our clients 1 business day test initiation, daily mortality updates 7 days a week, and full reporting within 1 business day of test termination.
Our scope includes:
- Rainbow Trout (EPS 1/RM/9 & EPS 1/RM/13)
- Rainbow Trout – pH Stabilization (EPS 1/RM/59 & EPS 1/RM/50)
- Daphnia magna (EPS 1/RM/11 & EPS 1/RM/14)
- Threespine stickleback (EPS 1/RM/10)
- Microcystin (Cyanotoxin produced by blue-green algae) via Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)